Concrete is a material used for a variety of constructions and installations – its versatile nature and impressive toughness make it an excellent choice for exterior projects, in particular. One classic use of concrete is for the construction of driveways. Spend any time in public in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area, and you'll undoubtedly come across a large number of concrete driveways. There are numerous reasons that a concrete driveway is an excellent choice for a property owner – a few of which we'll run through below. At Fort Wayne Concrete Contractors Co, we feel confident saying that our concrete contractors are the best in the business for this type of work – and you can feel utterly relaxed about the quality of the outcome if you place your trust in our team. To learn more about concrete driveways, either read on below or reach out to our customer service representatives.
Benefits of Using Concrete
Using concrete for the driveway is one of the best choices you'll ever make. Concrete may not be as luxurious as brick, tile, or wood, but it has amazing qualities that make it super worth it. Some of its major benefits include:
Strong and Durable
One of the chief reasons concrete driveways are so popular is that concrete is a highly hard-wearing material. Driveways need to put up with vehicle traffic, foot traffic, and a whole array of weather conditions that make life extremely difficult. Even so, concrete driveways manage to put up with these conditions wonderfully well, providing excellent service even in the face of them. If you're looking for a long-lasting surface that won't buckle or break due to a bit of sun or rain, then this is the right option for you.
Many people who come to us and ask about the possibility of a concrete driveway at their property raise concerns about the amount of maintenance and upkeep that they'll need to carry out – but there's no reason to be worried here. Fortunately, concrete is a material that won't require much input once it's been installed. It requires very little maintenance. Just the most basic cleaning and clearing consistently will be enough to keep your surface in its optimal condition.
The upfront cost that you'll need to pay for a concrete driveway is not the lowest available on the market – though it's far from the most expensive either – even bearing that in mind, it still makes financial sense to go with concrete for your driveway. Since this material will stand the test of time, you're not going to need to worry about replacing it any time soon. Considering these installations last for decades without deteriorating considerably, this means that you're certainly not going to have to pay up again any time soon.
It's always worth remembering that your driveway is the part of your property that people will see before anything else – it's the space that gives away the first impression. As such, you need to make sure that you have a driveway that is certain to impress. Whether you utilize plain or stamped concrete for the driveway, you're going to have a smart aesthetic that doesn't disappoint.
Are you tired of that plain gray concrete finish? If your answer is a yes, then the decorative driveway option is for you. Also known as stamped concrete, decorative concrete adds extra curb appeal to your new concrete driveway. It's also a method that's ideal for updating an existing driveway. This method helps add character to your space, making it more unique to you. With the proper concrete driveway contractors, you will end up with an area that's even more beautiful and appealing than what you expect it to be.
Concrete Driveway Installation
Our company, Fort Wayne Concrete Contractors Co., has been in the concrete industry for years. We operate and provide concrete services in the Fort Wayne, IN area. We know how crucial it is to have a properly installed concrete driveway to get your money's worth. Thus, we follow a strict concrete driveway installation process to ensure high-quality results.
To provide you with a five-star quality concrete driveway surface, we follow these steps:
- Project Site Assessment
- As a premier concrete contractor, we make sure to do a site assessment before the actual construction begins. We mainly check the type of soil in the area, making sure it's not problematic. Otherwise, we do the necessary actions to make it work for the concrete surface.
- Preparation and Delivery of Materials
- The construction of a concrete driveway involves onsite preparation. This includes processing of building permits, hauling debris and other materials out of the construction area. Doing so enables us to start on a clean slate. We also measure the project site in preparation for the installation of concrete slabs. During this step, all materials must be in to start and finish the project on time. Usually, we use a ready-to-use concrete mixture. But, in some cases, we do it on our own following a specific concrete mixture ratio involving gravel, cement, sand, water, and air.
- Driveway Installation
- Driveway installations can be very challenging. That is why you need an expert concrete contractor to do the job for you. Fort Wayne Concrete Contractors Co is known for providing residential and commercial properties with the best driveways in the area. Pouring concrete is a crucial process. That is why we meticulously go through it, ensuring we deliver concrete slabs that last for years. We use reinforcing steel for added strength, especially since concrete driveways hold heavy vehicles.
- Meanwhile, during this process, we ask our clients to finalize their choice -- whether to go for a plain concrete finish or a decorative one. Rest assured, we keep your preference in mind as we go through the installation process, so we get to give you what you want.
- Quality Assurance
- Whether it's an asphalt driveway or a concrete driveway project, we always do a quality assurance check. We owe it to you to give you your money's worth. We make sure concrete surfaces are ready before we hand over the project to you.
- When we do a quality check, we make sure first that wet concrete is already cured. Otherwise, we won't be able to check for driveway cracks and other possible damages. Our team goes over the entire driveway to see if any concern needs to be addressed immediately.
- Clean-up and Turnover of New Concrete Driveway
- So, your new driveway is ready. What's next? Well, in our case, we clean it up first. We make sure it's ready to use once we turn it over to you. We haul all construction debris leaving you with a clean, finished driveway.
Why Hire Us
There are plenty of driveway contractors out there, but why choose Fort Wayne Concrete Contractors Co.? Well, below is a list of some of the primary reasons why you should hire us for your next concrete driveway project:
Experienced and Reliable
Working with the right contractor spares you from inconveniences. It also helps keep your worries away, knowing you've got the perfect people working on your driveway. Our company makes your life easier by providing exceptional concrete driveway services. We handle everything you need from start to finish. Anytime you have questions or concerns about the project, we provide answers or resolve problems as soon as possible.
Wide Selection of Driveway Finishes
Every client has a unique taste. While some prefer a smoother surface, others opt for a rough, edgy finish. Good thing, we offer a variety of options to choose from. Some of the concrete finishes we offer include decorative finish, broom finish, exposed aggregate, and polished concrete.
Affordable Concrete Driveway Cost
Our company offers the most affordable option in the Fort Wayne, IN area. While our concrete costs vary depending on the requirements of the driveway project, rest assured our prices are the most competitive you will find. If you want to know how much you'll spend on your driveway, send us the total square footage, and we will provide you with a realistic estimate on a per square foot basis.
Free Cost Estimate
Budget is essential in any construction project. That is why we provide free and realistic estimates so you can save up for your dream concrete driveway. Don't worry; our free cost estimates come with no strings attached. That's how confident we are in our work.
Contact Us Today
Having a nice and sturdy concrete driveway is not only an added curb appeal to your property. It also adds its resale value -- if you plan to sell the property in the future. Let's discuss! Call us today or send us an inquiry via the form on the Contact US page. Our team is more than happy to take your call or answer online questions anytime between business hours.